- Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
- Type: Regular, Full-Time (40 hrs/week)
- Status: Non-Exempt
- Hourly Range: $19.29/hr - $27.01/hr
- Summary: Provide individual and group counseling services to adults, children, teens, and families
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 10 am - 7 pm, Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide short and long-term counseling to adults, children, teens, and families (non-residential and residential).
- Develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
- Conduct assessments, therapeutic interviews, and counseling to assist individuals and families to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, plan action reflecting interests, abilities and needs. Assist clients to understand and overcome social and emotional problems.
- Collect, organize, and analyze information about individuals through use of interview, case history, observation techniques, professional sources and records.
- Complete all necessary assessment forms following all procedures.
- Ensure all evaluation procedures are being followed and implemented.
- Daily preparation and maintenance of client records and files.
- For Medi-Cal clients, complete all needed Medi-Cal paperwork in designated time frames.
- Attend clinical supervision meetings and other trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- Safeguard client's security and confidentiality in the processing of all client data.
- Safeguard assets of the MMC, including merchandise and other assets.
- Work as a team and support the mission and goals of the agency and programs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's Degree required in social work, psychology or marriage family counseling
- Registered with respective licensing board.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a California social work license
- Must be certifiable as a Med-Cal provider
- Possession of a valid California driver's license
- Proof of liability insurance on personal auto. Must be insurable at all times at standard rate by MMC insurance carrier.
- Must provide original social security card and/or proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must pass tuberculosis test, drug test, and fingerprinting test.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination toward peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges/disabilities and sexual orientations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
12/26/01 03/11/04 11/07/06 11/03/08